Our Policies & How we Run
The Carbon Community is a UK Registered Charity number 1187231 and formed as a charitable company limited by guarantee, registration number 12273280.
The purpose of the Charity is:
1. to conserve, improve and protect the physical and natural environment for the public benefit by:
1. the creation, promotion and sustainable management of new community forests specifically optimized for maximum carbon sequestration in trees and soil;
2. providing individuals, communities, businesses and other organizations with opportunities to participate in sustainable carbon sequestration projects; and
3. such other means as the Trustee may from time to time decide; and
2. to advance the education of the public in the protection, enhancement and rehabilitation of the environment, in particular but not exclusively in relation to forestation as a means of carbon sequestration, and to promote study and research in such subjects and dissemination of the results of such research and study to the public.